Sunday, February 08, 2015

When someone or something makes you unhappy, what can you do?

 
Last Friday evening, I found myself losing my cool over something that someone said and I hated feeling so angry inside. I knew I had to take control of my feelings and how I was reacting to the situation that I was in.

I stumbled upon this advice, at the perfect timing, something by Eckhart Tolle. I realized that I was indeed bitching about things and I felt like I was treated unfairly, like a victim. 

So what I did was to change my reaction to the situation. I just accepted that some people no matter what, was never going to change and that whatever they did to you was not about you but them. 

To get myself to cool down, I just accepted that person as he is. A selfish guy who didn't care about me and my situation. He was selfish with me. 

But he wasn't selfish towards his new wife and kids. So I guess, he is not selfish in general but only selfish to me. And the moment I accepted it, and removed myself from being the victim, and I felt so much better like a burden had offloaded from my chest. 

I was happy, the ones I love seeing I was feeling better within, felt more relaxed too and all was well once again.

I feel that the old me, before breast cancer, would have fought back. The new me, have taken control of things, changed my perception of so many stuff, learnt to let go coz you know what? These little things are unimportant. My inner peace and joy are my priority now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment