Friday, June 24, 2016

The fastest way to forget someone


I have been reflecting on many things these past few weeks. They say that when you go through tough times you tend to learn and grow more compared to when life is a walk in the park. If that is true I have reached PHD level by now. I have packed up a lot throughout my lifetime. Dr Phil would be very proud of me as I am still here, smiling and going with the flow of things.

Some days I wake up and feel energised and ready to face the world. Some days I just wanna lay in bed all day and go under the covers. I once remembered someone telling me that after all that I've gone through I deserved the best and to enjoy life to the fullest.

The irony of it is that, that someone is now the cause of my pain. I guess people sometimes say some things and do mean it at that point in time then the selfish side in them takes over and they think of themselves and their happiness first. So they forget about you and the promises they made to you.

I have had my fair share of broken relationships and my months of struggle trying to get over them; even though at times I'm the one who initiated the break-ups. 

I guess the longer your relationship is the harder it is to break up. So I've no idea how some people can just coolly walk out of a long term relationship and not care about anything. They just continue with another relationship with someone they just met and move on. Holding hands and smiling into the sunset!

I have through my experience found out a new way of getting over someone really fast. After the initial shock, sadness, anger, and acceptance, there is one way you can perceive things so you go cold turkey on this person. 

You imagine that this person has died. Yup. Death is final.

So when you imagine someone has died, and doesn't exist, you know you have to continue moving forward and not backwards. You can no longer be in contact with a dead person. 

Cherish the good times, accept the bad times and let everything rest in peace. 
R.I.P X


No comments:

Post a Comment