Monday, March 14, 2016

Do we ever learn from over mistakes?

First we need to acknowledge that we fucked up, and made a mistake.  Depending on how bad it was, over time we eventually let it sink in and move on.

But when another similar situation arises, do we refrain ourselves from making the same mistake, or do we tend to fall in the same trap?

Doing the same mistake twice is no longer considered a mistake but in fact a habit.

I think sometimes I know what I'm doing is wrong but don't have the willpower to refrain from doing it. It can be such a vicious cycle. You promise to not do something then next minute you are doing the bad stuff again.

I know I shouldn't eat after 8 pm as I feel bloated and find it hard to sleep, but I still do it and end up having a restless night. 

Alcohol is not exactly a great choice after chemotherapy and cancer but I can't seem to refrain from it. 

Being judgemental of another person when you do not know the other person is a terrible thing to do but I can't help myself from being unkind. And I keep making the mistake of doing what I say I wouldn't.

I think we will continue to make mistakes till we find the courage within to stop doing so because our actions do cause harm to ourselves and hurt others. We need to realize that on our own instead of being told or forced to stop. 

And sometimes I'm just a jerk and need to behave myself, and do what I say I'll do and mean it too.

❤️











No comments:

Post a Comment